Housing Stabilization Services at RSI
Housing Stabilization Services is a Medical Assistance (MA) benefit to help people with disabilities, people living with mental illness, and seniors find and keep housing. Housing Stabilization Services are covered under state plan Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS).
Housing Stabilization Services at RSI is designed to support MA recipients with housing support needs in meeting the following goals:
- Address current housing crisis or instability
- Transition into stable housing
- Increase and maintain long term stability in their community
- Avoid future periods of housing instability or institutionalization
Housing Stabilization Services at RSI is delivered in phases:
Developing a person-centered housing plan.
Support in finding, applying for, and connecting with financial & other resources for moving into a new home.
Supports to help a person in maintaining permanent housing in their community.
Eligibility for Housing Stabilization Services
We are able to work with individuals on Medical Assistance who meet specific needs-based criteria. Service recipients should:
- Have a documented disability or disabling condition
- Be assessed to require assistance with at least one of the following areas: Communication, mobility, decision-making, and/or managing challenging behaviors
- Be experiencing housing instability
- Be at risk of institutionalization
Visit the MN Department of Human Services website for more information on eligibility requirements.
Make a Referral
To refer yourself or others, contact RSI’s Housing Stabilization Services manager, Joel Longtine.